Monday, January 9, 2012

Party time! Excellent!

We had a wonderful time celebrating June Apple's birthday, albeit one week early. We invited all the friends and family who have done so very much for us this past year. Before June was born, I didn't really *get* 1st birthday parties. I didn't get what the big deal was. But then I had a child and realized not only is your child's first birthday a celebration of the first year of life, but also a celebration for parents who have survived their first year as parents. What a year its been, one which we couldn't have enjoyed as much as we did were it not for the INCREDIBLE support of our friends and family. So many of our friends have babysat for June, while I was in class and Amos had a gig. So many people showered us with love, and baby clothes, and diapers, and encouragement. There must have been nearly 40 people at the party (!) and each and every one of them has played a role in making our lives full and wonderful. And for them, I am grateful. I hoped they liked the cake.

















1 comment:

  1. You are so amazingly creative and talented, Katy! I'm constantly impressed and inspired by all that you do! It looks like a wonderful and beautiful celebration and I am glad to hear that you have such a rich and supportive community!
    ~sgk

    ReplyDelete