Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vacay in Paradise!

Needless to say, we had a wonderful, relaxing vacation in Florida. Last year, June Apple and I were sequestered in the house for much of the time because she was too young to wear sunscreen. This year, we soaked up the sun, sand, and waves to the fullest extent! June Apple loved the ocean so much we could only spend short amounts of time in the water, because she constantly was trying to wriggle free from our arms. She loved the pool, and we watched her like a hawk, because one minute she'd be splashing on the side of the pool and then she would just dive right in.

I had lots of school related work to do, which had me slightly overwhelmed. So perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that our wifi connection sucked, so my ability to work on my dissertation was extremely limited, so I was actually "forced" to relax and enjoy myself. What a shame ;)

Our friends who live in Florida, Allen and Jeanette came to visit us for a couple days with their boys, Gabriel and Pablo. I was curious to see how June Apple would do with Gabe, 3 years and baby Pablo, who is 9 months old. Needless to say, she was SMITTEN. In fact I think her outpouring show of love overwhelmed them, as she was always trying to hug and kiss them. She was enamored with Pablo and wanted to sit in anyone's lap that was holding him, so she coud get closer. She also wanted to help feed him and "help" in any way she could. Good practice run for whats to come. She never seemed to be jealous when I was holding him and I was happy to see how much she enjoyed both boys, or as she called the, "My Babies."

So here are some photo highlights from our time there. Can't wait to go back next year with Baby Bear in tow!









So, here's a pic of me at 35 weeks, right after our return from sunny Florida.

Dear Baby Bear,

I wonder if you will love the water as much as we all do. It certainly felt so amazing to swim on our vacation with you in my belly because I could weightless for a little bit. Can't wait to take many vacations with you and jump in the waves together!

We love you very much,

Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment