Sunday, August 22, 2010

Signs of Growth

Okay, so I probably should have started official documentation of my growing belly a month ago, but vacation won out, so that didn't happen and I was trying to come up with some creative way to take the pictures, kind of like this: http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20walk%20to%2040%20weeks

But, I couldn't come up with something creative and the weeks were ticking by and I am, no doubt, getting bigger, so I just need to take the shots and maybe I'll come up with something more creative later.

Anyway, I did find some pictures that were taken of me every week since week 13, so you can get an idea, somewhat, of whats been going on.

Week 13

Week 14

Week 15

And finally, hears where you really see the effects of all that hibernating and Omega-3 rich salmon:

Week 16

I look like I gained a ton of weight, but when I went to the midwife for my 16 week checkup last week, I had only gained 4 pounds since my 11 week checkup. Crazy, huh?

According to thebump.com in week 16, "Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender." Now we can officially start torturing our baby with banjo music. She/he is undoubtedly paddling faster already. Oh, and apparently Awesome is now the size of an avocado:



And, for Amos, and all other dudes out there, according to hisboyscanswim.com, Awesome is the size of a small studfinder:



At the midwives visit, we got to hear the heartbeat (still rockin'!) and made our 20 week ultrasound appointment. Yay! We are very excited to finally be able to see what Awesome looks like, well in a grainy ultrasound sort of way. We'll also be able to find out if Awesome is a boy or a girl. Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment