Friday, January 6, 2012

Birthday preparations

I have been quite the busy bee preparing for June Apples 1st (!) birthday party. Its a good thing I haven't had classes, as I have been up late every night this week. When trying to think of how I want to celebrate her special day, I decided I would make some things that we can use every year. For her birthday bunting, I made a banner that can be used for all of our birthdays, and then a special one just for her. Plus, I got to use the awesome dye cutter at school to make the letters. I used fabric from her quilt along with some new fabric I picked up. And then there was her birthday crown. I have several friends who have made these for their children, and its a sweet tradition I am excited to start. She'll get to wear it every year and I will add a button every year to mark how old she is. The crown was made out of wool felt. Both the buntings and the crown were a lot of fun to make, as I reflected on what a year its been and what a treasure she is. Here are some pictures of my projects in progress:

 
 June picks out her favorite material for the projects
 Bunting
 Crown
Fun with the dye cutter!

Stay tuned for pics from the party!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh--the picture of the dye cutter made me very nostalgic for my time spent at the ERTC. Glad to see you put it to good use!

    I love the idea of JA wearing her birthday crown for years to come. You and Amos threw such a great birthday party and the amount of love surrounding your family was truly incredible that day. And the cake was delicious! :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete