Tuesday, November 15, 2011

10 months!

Holy smokes, what a month its been! Between school, work, an internship two days a week an hours drive away, out of town visitors and final papers, things have been a little hectic. So much so, its taken me nearly two weeks to post pictures of Ms. June Apple at ten months. Here she is in all her ten month glory!
                                                        June practices for her Derby win
                                                                      New bath tub fun!
                                                         Deep conversations with Grandpa.
                              Trying to decide whether she is going to play drums or the bass....
                                                           Isn't she a stinker?!

This month she has mastered the art of standing up and jumping in her crib. This also means when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she immediately stands up and screams at the top of her lungs, making it all the more difficult for her to fall back asleep. I've heard that when babies are trying a new skill (like standing) they often wake up to try it out....and then can't fall back to sleep as well. Ugh. She had been sleeping gloriously from 8 or 9 until 5 in the morning. And then she would sing out to me, "Mother dearest! I would love to enjoy some nursing now." And then I would bring her into bed with us and nurse her into sleeping blissfulness until we both arose with smiles at 8am. And now it goes something like this:
12 am: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!Nurse, nurse, nurse, BITE MOMMY!!!!!! 3am:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!Nurse, nurse, nurse, BITE BITE BITE MOMMY!!!!!!
5am: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!Nurse, nurse, nurse, BITE MOMMY!!!!! Oh! Is it time to play now?! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!Don't put me back in the crib!!!!!!!! No! I don't want to lie quietly with you!!!!!!!
7 am: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!Time to get up!!!!!!
So, any suggestions? I've tried just letting her cry, and sometimes she will fall back to sleep quickly, but other times, I just give in and go to her because I know I will be asleep again sooner than if I just lie there and listen to her yelling. Ugh. I take solace in the fact that I don't know any older kids who still wake up and call out to their parents in the night....oh, wait....I DO know kids that do that. Shit. Now what?

1 comment:

  1. Fin had several phases like that but always grew out of them. Not sure how you put her to sleep, but once I was done nursing at night we did sleep training using a modified "sleep lady shuffle"and that helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete