Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Preparations!

Well its been a week filled with ice cream, cupcakes, milk, burgers and pizza. MMMMmmm. It would all be enjoyable if I didn't feel positively STUFFED all the time. I literally feel full from the time I wake up, until the time I go to bed. I think I am going to have to start setting a timer to remind myself to eat every two hours, because I never actually feel hungry. Awesome is pressed so far up into my ribcage, smooshing my stomach with her, that I barely have room for string cheese, let alone a burger! But alas, whatever it takes to get this girl chubby! We will find out at next week's ultrasound whether or not she continues to fatten up. Hopefully all is gravy (fatty, fatty gravy) and she will be well on her way to beefiness. In the meantime, bring on the food!

I went up to Cincinnati to celebrate with some great women (as well as two of my dear guy friends, Jacob, age 30 and Finley, age 10 1/2 months) at a baby shower thrown by one of my nearest and dearest friends, Britt, and her mom, Chris. It was fantastic to be surrounded by so many friends I have know since middle school (and their mama's)! We had a lot of fun and I was so touched by all the good advice, gifts, and love I received. Here are a few pics from the party:





Month 8 began in week 33, but since I was in the hospital, I didn't get to put an update on where Awesome is in her development. According to thebump.com, she is about the size of a honeydew melon (albeit a small one, according to the ultrasound):

Awesome’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through my (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. In fact, at a recent ultrasound, she winked at us! And, Awesome can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing my lullabies! Growth (at least inside my womb) is starting to slow, and Awesome will have descended into my pelvis by the end of this month. She is definitely hanging down low (head down!), as my bladder can attest! My belly button is well on its way to popping and I think, as does Amos, that I've really popped this week that. Here's a pic from week 35:



This past weekend, my good friend, Ashlee offered to take some maternity shots of me. Amos wasn't feeling well, so he didn't brave the cold with me, but here are a couple shots from the photo shoot. I think they turned out great.

*Note the sign on the door of Spinelli's right next to me. I think I will take that advice!

My dad came down to help Amos get the nursery together. They connected the heat into the room, built high shelves for more storage and are laying down carpet. I am so excited to finally be getting the room together. I have been busy working on Awesome's baby quilt and am really liking how its coming along. I have been collecting fabric for it since before I was pregnant, and I love it, so far. I can't wait for the room to be finished and to have a sweet little one living in it! Here is a before shot of the room. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I can post the after shot!





Dear Little Bear,

Well we have all switched to full force throttle, preparing for your arrival! I really hope you like your room. We are filling it with lots and lots of color, because, as Papa always says, life is too short not to have color in it. You, my dear, are bound to bring A LOT of color into our lives!

We met with our doula, Susan, today, who is going to help us when I am in labor with you. I hope that everything goes well and your transition into this crazy world is a great one. Meeting with Susan made your arrival feel all the more real and before we know it, you'll be here! We are so excited to meet you!

Papa and I love you very much.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment