Thursday, April 5, 2012

The past couple months

Ahhh! I have been neglecting posts and updates as life has been a little busy with lots of life related adventures. To say that I am busy is a bit of an understatement right now....between school, internship, work, and most importantly, June Apple and Amos, well life is crazy. And on top of it all I am trying to squeak in time to study for my upcoming doctoral comprehensive exams on May 15th, 16th and 17th. My test anxiety about what will be the most important exams of my school career comes and goes, and I credit being wrapped up in the other more important aspects of my life (i.e. motherhood) for keeping a lot of my anxiety at bay. The truth is, I don't have a lot of time to sit around and stress about it. Unfortunately, that means I also don't have a lot of time to sit around and....well, study. Amos, friends and family have been great at pitching in when they can, so that I can get a couple of hours of studying in, here and there, but the truth is, I feel the bulk of my studying, make that, cramming, is ahead of me yet. Of course, in an ideal world, I would study during June Apple's naps and after she falls asleep, but these days, I find myself, well, sleeping during her naps, and not able to stay up much later than her. Sleeping and June is a whole other post.....

June Apple is crawling around like a mad woman. In fact these days she does most things like a mad woman. Amos thinks she thinks she is a dog, because now when someone knocks at the door she barks, like Rosco. In fact she barks quite a lot. Its her favorite animal sound. Often she wakes up and the first sound out of her mouth is a bark. For the record, she can also, meow, moo, growl like a bear, and make monkey sounds (whatever those are called). She also says, "Kitty" "Puppy" "Da" (for down and done) "Papa" "Baby" "Bye" and "Baba" (which is what she calls me, no Mama yet). I don't see walking right around the corner, although she does cruise along furniture like a champ. I am not really worries bout this, as I don't really see many adults still crawling, unless they're drunk. June Apple has always done things in her own way and time and walking will come to her when she's good and ready. Her current favorite foods include bananas, cheddar bunnies and blueberry pancakes. We've been taking swim classes, which reminds me that she also can make a fish noise (or at least the noise I made up and called it a fish noise). She loves going under water and the biggest thing I am working on is getting her to wait for me to be ready to catch her before she jumps face first into the water from the side of the pool.

Everyday it becomes more and more apparent that she is a fierce, adventurous, independent, amazing girl. Sometimes, I look at her and I'm like, "Oh, wow, she is going to put us through the ringer!" and other days, I think, "Oh, wow, she is going to stop at nothing to change the universe." Both are true and I am so excited to see it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment