Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Up, The Sequel

So...I apparently blew up over the weekend. Okay, not literally. That would've been very very messy. Last week, I felt cute and tiny (which, needless to say is not a word I generally, even when I'm not pregnant, use to describe myself). This week, I feel GINORMOUS. It could be a mind over matter issue. I felt great early in the week, and then I saw a picture that changed everything. And so now, I present Exhibit A:



What the hell happened?!!!! More importantly, why didn't
anyone tell me that my boobs were so huge?! No wonder people were saying that my belly looks small. It does compared to breasts that are larger than my head! Not to mention that horizontal stripes don't really help my cause. I look like if I wasn't tethered to the ground I would float away. Maybe Amos should tie me to the chimney and I can carry the house away and take Amos and I to some tropical island in the South Pacific, where similarly well endowed island women can commiserate with me. And did I mention that I haven't, in fact, gained an ounce in the past week and a half? So it must all be air. After I saw this picture I immediately started to feel huge and feel like Awesome was stretching and flipping and expanding my body at an alarming rate.

Last night I came home and showed Amos my belly. He said, and he wasn't kidding,"Oh my God! When did you become pregnant?! I swear your belly doubled in size since last week!" See? Its not just me. And then he drew this:



An ode to Mark Twain. Hopefully, Awesome never looks like this. And more importantly, hopefully she will never, ever smoke a pipe. Let alone smoke. When my mom saw this picture she tried for several minutes to figure out what kind of ball I was holding. That's not a ball. That's Awesome. Crazy.

In other news, I had my first baby shower! It was a very sweet lunch thrown by my lovely boss, Danna and my co-worker, Donna. Guests included my fellow GA office mates and coworkers. It was lovely and we ate mini pimento cheese sandwiches and iced tea and carrot cake and mini chocolate bars with wrappers that said, "Its a Girl!" Utter sweetness. Here are a couple pictures from the day:


Emily, me, Rachel and Angela

Maxine, Danna, Donna, me, Angela, Peggy

Natalie, Seilah, Emily, Angela, Rachel

It was really nice and wonderful to be surrounded by such great women, many of them mamas themselves. I'm so grateful to count them as friends and co-workers.

So its been a busy 28th week. And although there are lots of belly shots included in this post, here's the official shot:


Dear Little Bear,

I hope you have enough room in my tummy, because you have certainly been moving and shaking and twisting around and I would hate to think that you're cramped in there. Truthfully, I love all the things that carrying you is doing to my body, because they are signs that you are growing and healthy. And, it looks like you probably won't have a problem going hungry, which is also good news!

I can really feel your body as you move around now, whereas before I could only feel your swift little movements. I can't wait until I can tell if what I am feeling is your foot, or your head, or your hand, or your cute little butt!

Papa drew a very silly picture on my tummy this week. Hopefully the fumes from the Sharpie didn't bother you. He likes to draw lots of silly pictures. I hope that you inherit his great artistic eye and hand. I'm not so good on the visual end of the arts, but I'm guessing that between Papa and I, you are bound to have some creative genes.

Having an artist spirit is so wonderful and has brought many great opportunities and people into mine and your Papa's lives- most importantly each other. We'll be sure to tell you all about how we met some day. Its a pretty fantastic story. One of the best parts of our story, so far, is you!

Papa and I love you very much.

Love,

Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment