Thursday, May 3, 2012

19 weeks and counting

Studying has gone into full swing around here  but we have had snippets of fun this week, particularly as it heats up and there are outdoor adventures are to be had. And in very important news, June Apple is finally calling me 'Mama,' although she still calls me 'Baba,' too. Other favorite words include 'diaper' which she says while violently slapping her nether regions. There's some baby sign language for ya. At first we thought she was only saying it when she needed a change, and we were highly excited about this level of bodily awareness. But, alas, she just likes to let us know she has a diaper- like twenty times a day. Favorite animal sounds of the week include bear growls and pig snorts.

 
 
So here I am at 19 weeks! This time next week, we will know the sex of this little butter bean, as we have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday. I am really excited to see what this bambino looks like and find out a little bit more about them. Lots of people have been asking me what I think the sex of the baby will be, and honestly, I have no idea. I find that I am very influenced by what other people think its going to be. It seems like everyone is pretty 50/50, but anyone who has an opinion about it, are sure that they are right, so we'll see....I'll be happy as long as its a healthy baby. And human. I can see how either a boy or a girl would be great. I love the idea of two little sisters running around, but, gosh, do I have a soft spot for little boys. Of course, Amos is hoping for a boy to continue his "dynasty." So any guesses? What do you think this little bundle will be?          
 

Dear Baby Bear,

I am so excited to get to see you in just a few short days! I am eager to know all about you and this is will be one of the first times I will get to find out just a little bit. What will you show us? Who will you be? I hope you can hear us and that you'll wave when we see you. 
I've been craving beer and margaritas lately. Don't worry, I haven't given into the cravings. I wonder if its a sign of your tastes (Oh, help me) or just a sign that its summertime and that's what I like in the summer. Who knows? Only popsicles and grape juice for us.


I love you and will "see" you soon!


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment