Thursday, May 31, 2012

Celebrate good times, come on!

We had an awesome Memorial weekend. JA and I drove up to Cincy to visit my brother Josh and sister-in-law Amy. While there I cashed in some gift certificates for a haircut, manicure and pedicure- much needed Mama pampering, that should really happen more often. See results of lopping of about nine inches below. I did not go to the salon intending to cut off so much, and was honestly not very happy with the service I received, although I do like the cut. Had I known the stylist was going to cut my hair so much shorter than I indicated, I would have asked that it be donated to Locks of Love, but she had other plans and did not care to listen to much I said. Boo. Ah, well. Now I have a nice, cool summer cut, that will undoubtedly grow back to its original length by Fall thanks to pregnancy hormones and prenatal vitamins.
 


We also went to meet my friend Jessica's new daughter, Kendall. I was curious to see how Miss June Apple would react to another baby and me holding another baby. More than anything she was very intrigued and wanted get as close as possible to her, trying to sit in my lap to get a closer look. I have a feeling I will, literally have my hands full when Baby Boy comes around! Jessica already has a 2 1/2 year old son of her own, so I will be calling her for tips on how to juggle a toddler and a baby, for sure!

After we returned from Cincinnati, June Apple and I took advantage of our newly acquired zoo pass. It was a blistering hot day, so our first stop was the splash park, and then on to see the polar bear cub, who was having quite the time swimming in a big bucket of ice water. June Apple roared at her several times. I ate too much cotton candy. It was a good day. 



 The week ended with my birthday! Holy smokes, I'm 31! June Apple joined me for work and posed for Week 23's shot. My friend, Emily even decorated our office door! Then Amos came and met us for lunch at the ever delicious Taco Punk. Mmmmm, shrimp and fish tacos and Mexican Coke. Yummy! My mom came dwn that evening to hang out, since Amos had a gig. We went out for dinner and got caught in an awesome thunderstorm. June Apple proved at dinner that her days of playing quietly at restaurants may be behind us, as she had all the waitresses engaged in the ever-popular, "I will drop 10 million things on the floor, and you will pick them up, because I'm cute" game. An excellent day surrounded by some of my most favorite people.


Dear Baby Bear,

I was so happy to see you on the ultrasound this week and see how awesomely healthy you look. The doctor came in to take a look himself and reported that everything, from your heart to your head, from your cord to the placenta looked "perfect" and assured me that I will have a great rest of my pregnancy with little concern for any complications. After the scares we had with your sister, I was so relieved to hear, and see, that everything looked great and in tip top shape. You also made sure to show us, that yes, indeed you are a boy, to remove any and all doubt. 

I am so so happy to know that you are healthy, hanging out in Mama, living the good life. We're on a roll, you and me. Lets keep this party going strong!

Papa, June Apple and I love you very much,
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment