Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hot fun in the summer sun

There is a baby in that big belly! I have felt especially huge this week and am dreading what its going to be like when it gets hotter and hotter. I will say that the relief of not having to study for comps is slowly and surely seeping and sinking in.....now just to have to wait for the results! This past weekend Amos played at the Foxhollow Farm Springfest and my friends, Emily, Rachel and Thomas joined June Apple and I for some fun in the hot sun. A good time was had by all (although I neglected to get any shots of Emily, boo.) Rachel, June Apple and I followed the fest by going shopping for wedding shoes for Rachel and Tom Toms upcoming nuptials, which of course resulted in my purchase of the above rockin' "I survived comps, so I deserve that shit" Frye boots, as well as some yellow patent leather sandals for JA, which caused her to ooooooh in delight when I put them on her feet. A girl after my own shoe heart. Upon arriving home we were greeted by a poor lost snapper who somehow managed to survive the journey to our street, albeit far from home. Luckily some kind neighborhood gents returned her/him to the creek. Below are some highlights of the day:


 



With so much happening its hard to believe I am already 22 weeks, over halfway there to meeting this Baby Boy face to face! The second trimester has brought a surge of energy that I hope sticks around through the summer, as I brave the heat and remain large and in charge.

Dear Baby Bear,

What shall we call you? You probably already know, so if you could let us in on the 411, we'd greatly appreciate it. Choosing a name for you seems much easier than choosing a name for your sister, perhaps because, for some reason, boy names seem easier, or because, since we know what it means to go through names and choose one, as we did for June Apple, and then have it stick and feel so right, part of me knows that we will make the right decision when we see you.
As always, you are constantly letting me know you are there, kicking and somersaulting. I get to see you again next week when I go for a level 2 ultrasound to make sure that your placenta and cord are in tip top shape. I can't wait to see your sweet little face again and see you wiggling, as I know you will. Be sure to wave!

We love you very much,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment