Monday, June 25, 2012

A whirlwind weekend

 We just had the craziest, busiest weekend under the sun. It started Friday night with the rehearsal dinner of our friends, Aleah and Jack at the ever amazing 21C Museum and Hotel. It was the first time Amos and I had been out without June Apple since the last Harry Potter movie came out, which, by the way, was a looooooooong time ago. It was lovely to get dressed up and feel like an adult and have fun with some good friends. We were sitting at the table that clearly had been deemed the "bad kids" table, and we took full advantage of this label, by being silly and telling lots of dirty jokes ;) Here are some snaps from the night:
 

  The next day, June and I headed up to Cincinnati for a jammed packed day, which included a baby shower for my friend Kami,
                                        
 and a surprise party for my Grandma Betty. It was great seeing so many friends and family all come out to celebrate such a fabulous woman. My Uncle John and his girlfriend, Lisa, hosted the party and June Apple was very excited to visit with all of their many pets, which included 27(!) rabbits, 4 horses, and a pack of doggies, including a giant newfoundland named, Sophie. I've been wanting to go kayaking all summer and finally got my chance on a little pond in front of their house. I am very glad I did not fulfill my desire to kayak by planning some big, all day affair, because, after 20 minutes of sitting and paddling, my back was killing me. No more kayaking for pregnant Katy this summer.
I got a chance to catch up with my "sisters," Lynn, April and Courtney, and take our obligatory sister shot, this time with Lynn's sweet daughter, Lily joining the mix. June Apple was very excited when she inherited Lily and her brothers' vast Little People collection. She also thoroughly enjoyed Uncle Robs famous smoked pork shoulder. Yummy!

 

As you can see, after such a whirl wind Saturday, June was a bit sleepy.


But she rallied, because now we had to switch into wedding planning mode for my BFF Britten, who is getting married in September, and for whom I will be a 37 week pregnant bridesmaid! On Sunday we celebrated at fellow bridesmaid Leah's house, who threw an absolutely fabulous bridal shower for Britt. I somehow found time to get crafty and made Britt a pillow to celebrate the start of her new life with her future husband, David, as a Franco
I am so excited for Britt and excited to be a part of such an important day for her. On Monday, June Apple and I accompanied Britt for her hair and make-up trial, as well as to an appointment with her wedding DJ- DJ Toad (no lie, that's his name.) 

June Apple was a champ all day and I was going strong until I was at Britt's mom's house and I literally bent at a 20 degree angle and my back went *&^%$SCRUNCH!!!!*&^$ Yowza! It was excruciating. Luckily, I was still surrounded by good people who were happy to wrangle JA while I tried to chill and let my back relax. Luckily, it actually started to feel better with some ice, some heat, some relaxation, and some movement. I had been having some painless contractions and sciatic nerve pain all week, off and on, so I think this was my body's way of saying, Hey! Slow the f- down! So I did. But not before I went out to dinner to celebrate Britt's bachelorette-hood ;)
 
All in all, it was an awesome, although exhausting weekend, surrounded by wonderful friends and family. The weekend would have been damned near impossible if my mom wasn't there to help with June. She's definitely a rockin' Mama-Gram!

So here I am 26 weeks and going strong




Dear Baby Bear,

This weekend was a wonderful reminder of all the fantastic family and friends that are in our lives and there to support our family. While my mind and spirit wanted to go go go all week and weekend, my body did a nice job (in perhaps not-so-nice ways) of reminding me to slow down and take it easy, for both of our sakes. The last thing I want is for you to feel stressed out and run ragged! Okay, okay, now that this busy weekend is over, I'll take it easy. I'll try anyway.


Your Grams and I went shopping for some new duds for you. I feel like your arrival is sneaking up on me, and I need to start getting more ready for you! Let the nesting continue! I have to say, shopping for a baby boy just isn't as awesome as shopping for a girl. Basically the two clothing options are Surfer Dude or Little Man. Plaids or stripes. Kind of boring, frankly. So we are going to have to search a bit more to find some cool threads for you, so you don't end up looking like a mini Brooks Brothers ad. The truth is, I'm sure you'll find your own style, no matter what you wear.


Your Papa, June Apple and I love you very much,


Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Man, you have indeed been a busy lady! I can't believe your little one will be here so soon! I'm sure Britt knows this since she picked him, but Toad is so great to work with! He DJ'd our wedding, and I couldn't have been happier!

    ReplyDelete