Friday, July 16, 2010

And the Beat Goes On...


Yesterday, Amos and I went and met one of our two midwives, Beth Bary, for our first official prenatal visit. And while we were slightly disappointed to know that the downside of seeing Beth at Women Care and having the baby at Clark Memorial meant that our child would be a Hoosier (the hospital is right over the river in Indiana), Beth's approach to pregnancy and birth made up for it all.

We thought we were going to be able to have an ultrasound, but due to Beth's least invasive approach (which is a good thing), we'll have to wait until 18-20 weeks to see our little Awesome. We did get to hear the heartbeat however and at 160-180 beats per minute, this little one is quite the rocker! I kept laughing while we were listening to the heartbeat, which messed up the transmission, but there was no doubt about it! It was kind of strange and wild getting to listen to my heartbeat and then Awesome's heartbeat and how different they are. Crazy to think I have two sets of organs in me right now...

At 11 weeks, according to thebump.com, the baby is the size of a lime- a vast improvement from last weeks prune, if you ask me! The Bump also says:

Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

4 comments:

  1. It just doesn't get much more AWESOME than these posts. I cried from laughing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so freaking excited for you guys, and Fin can't wait to have a new little friend. I'm guessing girl :) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're excited too!!! Its funny, a lot of people (except for Amos) think its going to be a girl... I have no idea. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey... it's not so bad being a Hoosier!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete