Friday, July 30, 2010

Peachy Keen

Lucky number 13! 13 weeks which for me means...I'm on vacation! As I write this post I am sitting in the airport in San Diego, having already been on two flights today of four, with my final destination- Ketchikan, Alaska! I am so stoked to have the next couple weeks off to see friends I haven't seen in almost two years since we left the rock for the land of bluegrass and basketball (and now baby). Amos and I are headed up to K-town to partake in some picking, fishing and marital hitching (our friends Elena and AJ). I am really looking forward to spending some down time with my baby daddy, as life has been a little hectic as of late and we could use some serious rest and relaxation.
Awesome continues to be a juicy little sweet piece of fruit and according to thebump.com, Awesome is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.) Vocal cords! This means she/he can start training right now for the Hopkins Family Band!

Last weekend I was in Cincinnati for my surrogate Mama Chris's birthday and I got to meet several new little additions: My good friend and fantastic band mate Erin's daughter, Anodyne, and my friend of 17 years(!) Jessica's son, Finley. Oh, what smooooshy baby goodness! Both mamas are handling new motherhood beautifully and have bounced back from pregnancy with vigor Heidi Klum would envy. I can only hope....

So this little peach of mine is growing by leaps and bounds as evidenced by my first belly shot:

Did you gasp? Did you think, Holy Smokes, Katy is a balloon at 13 weeks, God help her at 36 weeks! Well....have no fear, this picture is just evidence that even when I am pregnant I can't resist stuffing my shirt with the trusty fake belly. Sorry to disappoint. I promise when I start to look pregnant and not just bloated I will post a picture. I am taking pictures, I just don't find them very remarkable. Perhaps when I have something substantial to compare them to, I will think, Wow, I really grew between weeks 13 and 14- must have been all those Omega-3s in that King Salmon I ate while I was in Alaska. But until then, go to the store pick up a peach, wrap it up in 4 pounds of puff pastry and you'll get an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment