Friday, July 30, 2010

Wrap Me Up In A Curtain

Well, I did it. I finally broke down and purchased (well, Mom purchased them for me...) some maternity pants. And the verdict is......why the hell haven't I been wearing these blessed fineries earlier?! In truth, they are so comfortable, I may have difficulty retiring them post- Awesome. I wish jeans with stretchy waistbands were socially acceptable in the same way I wish I could eat sour cream like it was yogurt. Of course I wore these pants all week, slyly hiding them from Amos' unsuspecting eyes, until yesterday when I was getting ready to leave for work and Amos said, "Are you wearing maternity pants?" "Yes." I replied, nonchalantly. And then he said, " I bet in a few weeks you'll have to transition full time into mumus. After that we'll just just have to wrap you up in a curtain." He's such a charmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment