Saturday, July 10, 2010

Awesome

Okay so if you've found your way to this blog, you've figured out by now that we're having a baby in the near future. At this point, I'm a little over 10 weeks pregnant. According to some website that compares your growing baby to pieces of food (yet again supporting the idea that children are so cute you just want to eat them up), this baby has grown from being a poppyseed, to a blueberry to a raspberry to a medium green olive to, get ready for, this week, our baby is the size of....a prune. A prune! That's not cute! That's what I force feed myself to combat another pregnancy symptom that I won't go into. Couldn't they say something like, 'this week your baby is the size of a kumquat or a large grape tomato? That's cute. A prune. Not so much.

I wish that I could say that the past 6 weeks or so since we found out have been filled with wonder and magic and excitement and all things sugar and spice. But in reality its been filled with nausea and bloating and exhaustion. Fun. Amos and I are both VERY ready for the first trimester to be over in a couple weeks, with the great hopes that all these early pregnancy symptoms will go away and I will stop just looking chubby and instead be glowing and beautiful and rotund in all the right places. Not to mention that I will be a much nicer person to be around and Amos can have the Katy he adores back. I would post a picture of me up here at this stage, but take my word for it, it wouldn't be worth it. And if you want a visual for your mind, if you knew me after my first year in college, after I had experienced the phrase "unlimited meal plan" to the fullest extent, you may get an idea....

So, you might ask yourself why is this blog titled: "You're Being Awesome Right Now" instead of "Katy and Amos's Sweetest Poopykins Pregnancy and All Things Baby Blog"? Well first of all, I would venture to say that our life and our experience from here on out is not just about baby baby baby and while I am sure many of these posts will be affected by the pregnancy and our lovely genius child to come, it may just include some other topics as well. Also, I had to choose a title with the word 'awesome ' in the title, because when we found out I was pregnant, Amos immediately informed me that since he "gave me a baby" he should get sole naming rights. Hah! Anyway, his first suggestion was: Awesome Chainsaw. My ongoing argument that no Supreme Court Justice could have a name like that falls on deaf ears. So if we do end up with a sweet child with this moniker, you will know who is responsible.

This is what a family of a child named Awesome Chainsaw inevitably looks like

No comments:

Post a Comment